DR. GÜLER MANİSALI DARMAN
Dr. Guler Manisali Darman Chairwoman, Corporate Governance and Sustainability Center (CGS Center)
Dr. Guler Manisali-Darman is a graduate of Management from METU-(Middle East Technical University) and has her Phd on Accounting and Finance from Baskent University in Turkey.
Dr. Manisali-Darman was the Executive Director of ICC Turkish National Committee from 1980 to 1988. She then worked as the CFO and CEO of eminent groups in private sector. She set up her own advisory company, GMD Global Advisors Ltd. in 2005, She is the Founder, Chair of Corporate Governance and Sustainability Center (CGS Center) in Turkey.
- She was the Vice-Chair of the Commission on Financial Services and Insurance, ICC
- She served on the Finance Committe of the ICC which is a governing body.
- She was also Liaison Officer of American European Community Association- Brussels (AECA), in Turkey
- She is a Senator at the JCI (Junior Chamber International) International.
- She is a member of the European Corporate Governance Institute (ECGI), and Corporate Governance Association of Turkey.
- METU Technopolis Associaton - METUTECH-BAN.
- She sits on the Advisory Board of the Faculty of Management, University of Turkish Aeronautical University.
- She is a member of the Audit Committee of of METU Development Foundation.
- She is the independent board member and Vice Chair of Netmon A.S. which is the third biggest company on fiberoptics industry in Turkey
- She sits on the Editorial Advisory & Review Board of Emerald Book Series CSCRGS, in Leeds University
Dr. Manisali-Darman also lectures on corporate governance in Middle East Technical University, and is the program coordinator of corporate governance in the TOBB University of Economics and Technology.
She lectured on corporate governance as a visiting scholar, in Italy in a joint summer school program, on the invitation of Trieste University, West Minister University, and London School of Economics and Political Science, in 2005
Dr. Manisali-Darman is the author of ICC book “Corporate Governance Worldwide” published in 2004 in Paris, and “Corporate Governance Practices in Global Economies and Turkey” published in Turkish by the ICC Turkish National Committee, in 2008, and the e-book Corporate Governance in family-owned companies published by the CGS Center in 2009. In addition, her last book "Transparency and Accountability at Corporate Governance" was published by TURMOB (Union of Chambers of Certified Public Accountants of Turkey) in 2010.
She chaired many conferences and/or was a key note speaker, all around the world at the global events organized by ICC, Terrapinn, IQPC, IRR and Marcus Evans, in Middle East, China, Japan, South Africa, France-Paris, UK-London, Sweden-Stockholm, Norway-Oslo, Prague-Czech Republic, Dubai, Bahrain, and many other countries including Turkey.
She is also a trainer and actively delivers seminars and workshops in corporate goverance, corporate finance, analyzing financial statements, strategic management, balanced scorecard, risk management, business sustainability and enhancing managerial structures of family owned companies, and related topics.